Jackie Landers MSW LCSW CSAC is a licensed clinical social worker and a certified substance abuse counselor who has been working in the field of behavioral health for over 20 years. She has worked in a variety of settings including inpatient, outpatient, and residential care treating adults, couples, families and adolescents.
Her specialties include:
- Marital, Family and Relationship Concerns
- Depression, Anxiety, Bipolar and other Mood Disorders
- Women in Transition
- Trauma: PTSD, Childhood Abuse, Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence
- Substance Use Disorders (AODA)
- Clinical Hypnosis
- Mindfulness, Guided Imagery, Relaxation and EFT (Meridian Tapping Therapy)
- Clinical Yoga for the Treatment of Mood Disorders, Dissociation and Trauma
Jackie’s Practice Philosophy:
We all have an internal wisdom inside of us but sometimes life becomes difficult and we simply aren’t finding our way. During these times it can be helpful to have professional help.
Therapy is a collaborative process combining the experience, insight and knowledge of both the therapist and client. We all want to be treated with respect, validation, nonjudgment and encouragement. I use this supportive approach to create a safe atmosphere as we discover ways to improve your mood, relationships and the overall quality of your life. Along with talk therapy we may also decide to incorporate evidence based mind/body techniques to help stabilize mood, release stuck beliefs or restore balance so that you can heal fully and completely.
Degrees, Licensure and other Certifications and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Social Work -1994
- Masters Degree in Social Work - 1997
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker – 2001
- Certified Substance Abuse Counselor- 2002
- UWM Marriage and Family Certification
- Hypnosis Training- Basic and Intermediate and ASCH Member
- YogaFit Level I, II and III Certifications
- Yoga for Trauma and Mood Disorders
- Behavioral Health Clinic Administrator
- AODA Clinical Supervisor
- Mentor to Newer Therapists
- Workshop Creator/Facilitator
I am married with one adult child. In the warmer months I hike, garden and enjoy watching the birds and animals from my back patio. In the cooler months I spend time reading, snowshoeing and cooking. All year round I enjoy family, friends, good books and traveling to new and interesting places.
Click here to visit Jackie's profile on Psychology Today.